Baggage - the emotional kind

The last six weeks have been a whirlwind of change in our lives. We have packed up our previous life by selling our house and are in a somewhat no man’s land state. Our new adventure is yet to begin and so much still needs to happen, including the ever looming goodbyes.

Our adventure is a little different in that we are not only travelling for a few months, but our end destination is a new home in a new country – Australia. This has caused me to be emotionally torn. Embarking on a world tour is what most people dream of, but I keep thinking about the lovely people I have in my life and that I, unfortunately, can’t take them all with me.

I know our world is super connected, and it’s easier than ever to stay in touch, but there is something special about clinking wines glasses and sitting next to each other on the couch laughing about the craziness of the week that has passed.

Although, we are now seasoned travellers through short vacations, I have never lived more the 50kms away from my original home. All this change and upcoming spontaneous travel are going to take some serious adaptation from someone who likes to plan out the smallest detail and be surrounded by the familiar.

My world is about to be turned upside-down in one of the most wonderful ways. This week I watched a movie where a young woman is told she is dying. It made me think that if I only had one year left to live, I would do exactly what I am about to do. Travel the world for as long as possible with my best friend.

So in the profound words of my says-it-like-it-is sister ‘suck it up cupcake’. Here’s to clinking cocktail glasses with new friends and hoping that in the not too distant future I will cross paths again with old friends.

Making memories and sharing a drink with some friends
(Image source: https://pixabay.com/en/chalice-cup-wine-glass-bokeh-lunch-639866)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little piece of heaven disguised as a slightly run down resort

An adventure in Nepal

Fingers Flambé