Lost luggage nightmares

Watching the airport baggage carousel empty out without your bag appearing is a nightmarish situation. No matter what type of trip you are on, this is going to be a big inconvenience, to say the least.

This four-minute video clip of comedian Rhod Gilbert on Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow (2009) about losing your luggage is a classic piece of comedy that always gets me laughing.

  

My personal lost luggage nightmare was in February 2011, landing in Montreal, Canada for a week of temperatures of -10°C lower. It is one thing if you need to buy a swimsuit and shorts for an island hop trip, but requiring full ski gear for extreme temperatures is something else.

The biggest mistake I made was not to go shopping immediately and buying some necessities. Instead, we travelled to our remote ski village only with a tiny convenience store and a very pricey ski gear outlet.

Luckily, I had packed a change of clothes in my partners luggag a great travel tip we learnt from an experienced elderly couple on our first foreign tour. I also tend to pack too much, and in an effort to keep my large checked bag under the weight limits, I had packed my ski jacket in my hand luggage. Thank goodness.

Making snow Angels in Mont-Tremblant, Quebec, Canada
I also got creative with my makeup and managed to colour in my whole face with a tiny brown eyeliner I found in my handbag (now I travel with a backup makeup supplies).

After calling the airline every morning, we were told that the suitcase had got lost in transit.  It was eventually found seeing the sights in Heathrow, London.

I hugged my luggage when it finally arrived at my resort and ever since have been rather nervous standing at the carousel  I begin to sweat and the wait seems endless.

Read about the other destinations we have visited here and where we plan to go next here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little piece of heaven disguised as a slightly run down resort

An adventure in Nepal

Fingers Flambé