Packing bags? Not quite yet!

Today we bought our bags for our extended trip. The logic behind this was so that I can get my head around how little space I will have to pack for a few month's of traveling. Everything I buy from now on for our travels will need to fit in this bag. Ouch!

We went with the Deuter Traveller 80 + 10 travel pack with its removable day pack bag from Cape Union Mart. This seems to be a good choice based on some initial research, but I suppose only time will tell and we will give more feedback later. Our sales person, Kyle, has travelled with a similar version from K-Way and seems to think this type of bag will best suit our needs.

I also bought a pair of khaki coloured pants that should dry super quickly, so it can be washed and dry overnight. This purchase not only means I can't pick up any more weight before we leave next year, but it is also an important psychological step to understand that I am definitely not going to be looking gorgeous. Gorgeous, it would seem, is just not practical!

Photo caption: Schalk & Lauren still looking enthusiastic about our bags - but right now they are empty and easy to put on your back without falling over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little piece of heaven disguised as a slightly run down resort

An adventure in Nepal

Fingers Flambé